Up and coming urologist with an interest in Men's Health, Male infertility, and sexual dysfunction.
Post Doctoral Training
Dept. of Urology, University of Illinois-Chicago Urology Resident
Dept. of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center General Surgery Resident
Saban Research Institute/Childrens Hospital LA Basic Science/Clinical Fellowship
Los Angeles, CA
Dept. of Surgery, University of Texas at Houston General Surgery Resident
Dept. of Surgery, University of Texas at Houston General Surgery Intern
University of Southern California MS, December 2010
Los Angeles, CA
University of Miami School of Medicine MD, May 2006
Morehouse College BS, May 2002
Florida: ME 130064
- 7/2012-12/2016 (training)
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Original, Peer Reviewed Articles
- *Vendryes C, McLaughlin GE, Romaguera RL, Sola J, Kato T. Open Lung Biopsy in Pediatric Patients with Respiratory Failure after Abdominal Failure. Pediatric Transplant. 2005 April; 9(2):197-200.
- Galicia VA, He L, Dang H, Kanel G, *Vendyres C, French BA, Zeng N, Bayan JA, Ding W, Wang KS, French S, Birnbaum MJ, Rountree CB, Stiles BL. Expansion of Hepatic Tumor Progenitor Cells in Pten-Null Mice Requires Liver Injury and Is Reversed by Loss of AKT2. Gastroenterology. 2010 Dec; 139(6):2170-2182
- Utley S, James D, Mavila N, Nguyen MV, *Vendryes C, Salisbury SM, Phan J, Wang KS. Fibroblast growth factor signaling regulates the expansion of A6- expressing hepatocytes in association with AKT-dependent β-catenin activation. J Hepatol. 2014 May;1002-1009.
- Hotaling JM, Patel DP, *Vendryes C, Lopushnyan NA, Presson AP, Zhang C, Muller CH, Walsh TJ. Predictors of sperm recovery after cryopreservation in testicular cancer. Asian J Andrology, 2016 Jan-Feb;18(1):35-38.
- Giuliani S, *Vendryes C, Malhotra A, Shaul DB, Anselmo DM. Prune belly syndrome associated with cloacal anomaly, patent urachal remnant, and omphalocele in a female infant. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Nov;45(11):e39-42.
- *Vendryes C, Hunter C, Harlan S, Ford H, Stein J, Pierce J. Pneumatosis Intestinalis after laparoscopic appendectomy: case report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Surg 2011. Nov; 46(11):e21-24
- Abhyankar N, *Vendryes C, Deane LA. Totally intracorporeal robot-assisted laparoscopic reverse seven ileal ureteric reconstruction. Can J Urol. 2015 Apr; 22(2):7748-7751.
- *Vendryes, C; Burke, R; Upperman, J. Surgeon preparedness after disaster. Society for Black Academic Surgeons. Seattle, WA, 2009.
- *Vendryes, C; Phan, J; Mavila, N; Utley, S; Wu, J; Wang, K. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 is expressed after chronic liver injury in the DDC model. Childrens Hospital Los Angeles/Saban Research Institute Symposium. Los Angeles, CA, 2010
- Utley S, Berg T, Salisbury M, Phan J, Lam G, Sullivan S, O Neil M, *Vendryes C, Wang K. Early Postnatal Murine Over Expression of Fibroblast Growth Factor 10 Induces a Heterogeneous Population of Hepatic Progenitors and Hematopoietic Cells in the Liver. Childrens Hospital Los Angeles/Saban Research Institute Symposium. Los Angeles, CA, 2010
- Utley S, Berg T, Salisbury M, Phan J, Lam G, Sullivan S, James D, O’ Neil M, *Vendryes C. Mavila N, Wang K. Early postnatal murine over expression of Fibroblast Growth Factor 10 induces a heterogenous population of hepatic Progenitor cells in the liver. USC Stem Symposium. Los Angeles, CA 2010.
- *Vendryes, C; Utley, S; Phan, J; Mavila, N; James, D; Wang, K. Fibroblast growth factor signaling is associated with hepatic progenitor cell expansion in a model of DDC liver injury. USC Stem Symposium. Los Angeles, CA, 2010.
- *Vendryes, C; Utley, S; Phan, J; Mavila, N; Wang, K. The role of fibroblast growth factor in diethoxycarbonyl-dihydrocollidine liver injury model. Association for Academic Surgeons. San Antonio, 2010
- *Vendryes, C; Utley, S; James, D; Phan, J; Mavila, N; Wang, K. Fibroblast growth factor signaling is critical to hepatic progenitor cell proliferation in the diethoxycarbonyl-dihydrocollidine liver injury model. Association for Academic Surgeons. Huntington, CA. 2011.
- Utley S, Berg T, Salisbury M, Phan J, Lam G, Sullivan S, James D, O’Neil M, *Vendryes C, Mavila N, Wang K. Early postnatal murine induced expression of Fibroblast Growth Factor-10 expands a heterogeneous population of pre- hepatocytes in the liver. Keynote Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology: Stem Cells in Development, Tissue Homeostasis and Disease (B3). Santa Fe, NM. 2011.
- *Vendryes, C; Utley, S; James, D; Phan, J; Mavila, N; Wang, K Fibroblast Growth Factor and Notch Signaling Are Associated with Hepatic Progenitor Cell Expansion After Chronic Liver Injury. American College of Surgeons- Clinical Congress, Progenitor Cells and Cell-Based Therapies (SF21). San Francisco, CA 2011.
- *Vendryes, C; Rim, C; Padilla, W; Deane, L. Ethnicity Does Not Play a Role in the Postoperative Outcomes of Laparoscopic Renal Extirpative Surgery. Society of Black Academic Surgeons, Philadelphia, PA, 2014.
- *Vendryes, C; Marson, F; Reyes, A; Kobak, W; Kocjancic, E. A Novel Minimally Invasive, Urodynamic Assessment of Urinary Incontinence. American Urological Association National Meeting. Orlando, FL. 2014.
- Lujan, S; *Vendryes, C; Niederberger, C. Is Clomiphene Citrate a Safe Drug to Use in Patients with Infertility and Hypogonadism. American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Honolulu, HI. 2014.
- Varma V, Ohlander S, Nguyen P, *Vendryes C, Parthiban S, Hamilton B, Wal lis M, Kajdacsy-Balla A, Hannaford B, Lendvay T. Hotaling J, Walsh M. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopic imaging identifies early biochemical markers of tissue damage. Biomedical Vibrational Spectroscopy VI: Advances in Research and Industry. San Francisco, CA, 2014.